Job Number: 363021
You will continuously monitor the cardiac function of patients on telemetry, providing an accurate interpretation of the rhythm and promptly notifying the nursing staff of any significant findings or changes. Perform clerical and receptionist duties.
- Print and interpret rhythm strips every eight hours and place in patient’s chart each shift; alert nursing personnel of rhythm changes or new occurrences and obtain a graphic tracing for each
- Accountable for alarm limit settings on the monitors
- Follow policies for placing telemetry leads on patients; troubleshoot any telemetry problems
- Compile new and current charts; enter patient information on chart and Kardex
- Perform clerical duties related to admission and discharge of patients
- Answer telephone and intercom, take messages and communicate information to appropriate person; call and follow-up with consultants
- Assist visitors on the nursing units
High School diploma or General Equivalency Diploma.
Current CPR certification.
Completion of Telemetry Training
1 year or more of Monitor tech experience required